- This activity has passed.
Q.P.O.C. (Queer People of Color)
September 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
Developing within a society in which your intersecting identities are perceived as “other”, plays a pivotal role in the way that we identify with ourselves as people. As a queer man of color, this was a piece of my experience. We are collectively called to create a space of acceptance within ourselves and share this with our fellow community members in order to thrive.
Through combining theoretical perspectives on how we develop, and our shared experiences as people – my aim of this discussion based psychoeducational group is to facilitate a space of acceptance, inclusion, acknowledgment, and equality.
This space will not only benefit us involved, but our group space will serve as a microcosm for how we engage with our community moving forward. I am excited to continually grow, collectively with you!
Intention of this unique group:
– Creating an inclusive space to collectively process topics pertinent to LGBTQ identify formation – utilizing theoretical development models and shared experiences.
– Facilitate dialogue that encourages group members to confront themselves and others in aim to develop greater personal responsibility and accountability
– Utilize group space as a microcosm develop greater pro-social interactions outside of group space
– Broach topic of peer-to-peer and community engagement that can take place beyond group environment